The mission of the Mississippi State Board of Cosmetology is to:
- regulate the instruction and practice of cosmetology and related professions;
- establish rules and regulations and procedures relating to qualifications for licensure and procedures;
- administer the examination prior to licensure;
- setting forth sanitation requirements for operation of cosmetology and related establishments; and
- set standards for the benefit of the consumer and for the protection of public health and safety.