Skip to content
MISSISSIPPI STATE BOARD OF COSMETOLOGY CODE OF ETHICS
- Represent qualifications honestly, including education and professional affiliations and provide for the highest quality treatments and techniques possible while only providing those services for which they are qualified to perform.
- Accurately inform clients and the public of the scope and limitations of their discipline.
- Acknowledge the limitations of the profession and seek the best interest of the client.
- Consistently maintain and improve professional knowledge and competence, striving for professional excellence through regular assessment of personal and professional strengths and weaknesses and through continued educational training.
- Conduct business and professional activities with honesty, dignity and integrity, and with respect for the inherent worth of all persons.
- Refuse to unjustly discriminate against clients or other ethical professionals.
- Safeguard the confidentiality between practitioner and client at all times.
- Uphold hygiene and safety standards.
- Commitment to do no harm.
- Abide by the law and the rules and regulations set forth by the Mississippi Legislature and the Mississippi State Cosmetology Board.