The Mississippi State Board of Cosmetology (MSBC) is the State’s legally constituted licensure board of cosmetologists, manicurists, estheticians, instructors, and the professional business establishments – salons and schools.
COSMETOLOGY, MANICURING, ESTHETICS
Any individual desiring to practice within the profession in Mississippi must complete a course of training in an institution licensed by this Board or the Board of another state and must meet the minimum qualifications for licensure as set forth by law.
There are three methods of licensure:
- Licensure by Examination: training received in state.
- Licensure by Examination: training received out of state.
- Licensure by Reciprocity: training and licensure received out of state.
Requirements for licensure by examination: training received in state are:
- must be at least 17 years of age
- must be able to read, write and speak English
- must have a high school education or its equivalent
For Initial License, please complete the following and return with payment:
If you need a Substitute Renewal Form, please complete the following and return with payment:
If you would like to make your license inactive, please complete the following and return with payment:
Each license renewal is allowed one duplicate license only.
If you would like a duplicate license, please complete the following and return with payment:
If you are opening a new Salon or School please complete one of the following applications and return to us: